The increasing rate of change and complexity in the marketplace has meant that the role of an Executive is becoming exponentially more difficult.
Executives, and the organisations they lead, are expected to manage risk, maintain competitive advantage and interact with customers in new ways (e.g., social media, digital disruption).
They are under increasing pressure to innovate in the face of rapid and significant change, to build and sustain organisational structures and cultures that are engaging, positive and can adapt rapidly, and they are finding that traditional methods of leadership and management are no longer appropriate in the current environment.
It is not surprising, then, that traditional methods of executive development are also falling short. Coaching, leadership workshops, and even executive-level tertiary education is proving to be too sporadic, disparate and short-term to provide the support that Executives need.
Rather, an integrated, customised and responsive service is required. This service must provide rapid development targeting the Executive’s emergent needs, while keeping a view on the longer-term development goals of the individual and the overall direction of their career.
What is the problem?
- Exponential growth in human knowledge and technology – predictions of disruption.
- Globalisation and increasing focus on social & environmental responsibility
- Change is the new constant, focus on innovation
- New models of organisation, business and employment
- Results in increasingly reactive ways of working, increase in cognitive load and time pressure
- Executives don’t have the time or ‘head space’ for learning and reflection
- Executives may lose sight of their development needs and career goals
- Time intensive and take Executives away from the workplace
- Covers information that the Executive already knows or is out of date
- Covers abstract models that are peripherally related and need to be modified
- Competes with the incredible volume of information already available to the Executive
- Discrete and doesn’t take the Executive’s broader goals into account
How TR Executive
TR Executive is an innovative new platform for Executives, designed to be a personal and end-to-end service that can be continually customised to suit an Executive’s changing context and emergent needs.
Our latest service offering is currently being developed and will launch in 2017. The genesis of this new approach stems from the merger with Macfarlan Lane, one of Australia’s leading career services firms that works exclusively with Executives.
Click here to view Macfarlan Lane’s offering for Executives.