As the world of work continually changes, so too do individuals’ careers and the pressures on organisations to attract and retain talent. Helping employees to explore the alignment between their career objectives and the opportunities afforded by their organisation can enhance engagement, commitment and discretionary effort.
With more than 23 years of experience in careers, we are well positioned to assist you to align your organisation’s and employee’s goals to the mutual benefit of all.
How we can help
We offer a range of individual and group career development programs designed to clarify individuals’ career goals, assist them to identify and pursue desired career opportunities, and provide them with the skills needed to craft meaningful and fulfilling careers.
Based on the Trevor-Roberts 5 Pillars of an Extraordinary Career Framework, our programs are specifically tailored to the unique needs of your organisation and employees, and can be used across a number of contexts or needs. For example:
- During times of organisational change
- To assist employees who may be experiencing decreased motivation and/or work satisfaction
- To assist employees who have been in the same role for a long time and who may be wondering “what else is out there?”
- To assist employees who may be at a cross-road in their career and aren’t sure what is the best next step for them
Our Career Development Programs
Our Career Coaching programs have been designed to accommodate a range of employee needs and can be adapted to suit your organisation’s time and budgetary constraints. Typically, the programs consist of:
- Support from a dedicated career coach focussed around:
- Exploring and clarifying the individual’s desired career direction
- Enhancing the individual’s motivation and ability to manage self in daily work and challenging situations
- Dealing effectively with change
- Pragmatic and specific actions on how to build careers
- Access to our online portal and psychometric assessment to enhance insight into drivers, strengths and preferred career direction
Our Career Optimisation Workshop has been designed for situations where there are groups of employees who could benefit from some career guidance. The program consists of:
- Psychometric assessment to provide insight into the individuals’ motivations, preferences and working styles
- A full day workshop that equips participants to explore possible career options, develop a job search strategy, build and leverage professional networks, and build and maintain their professional brand
- One-on- one career coaching session for each employee to explore their personal career journey in more detail
Our Effective Career Conversations workshop supports your managers to have meaningful career development conversations with their employees. This half-day workshop consists of interactive content and activities that explore the following topics:
- The business case for developing the careers of your employees
- How careers have changed and the key skills needed for a successful career
- How to recognise a career conversation and when and where to have one
- How to have an effective conversation about any career related issues
- Practical coaching skills development
Implementation through License Model
For a cost effective implementation, our Effective Career Conversations program can be delivered through a license arrangement where we accredit selected individuals to deliver the workshops and coach your managers
The increasing rate of change and complexity in the marketplace has meant that the role of an executive is becoming exponentially more difficult. Trevor-Roberts recognises that traditional methods of executive development are no longer fit-for- purpose. We are currently developing a suite of services tailored to the specific needs of the executive role. For more information on TR Executive, click here.